Many BSOS students complete internships, 77% of students who responded to the 2018 Graduation Survey indicated they had completed at least one internship. From that group 30% completed two internships and 33% replied they had completed three internships while at Maryland! Click Your Career (above) to review more career exploration resources.
Review the internship stories below to gain inspiration and review these strategies to create a search plan.
- ELENA LEVAN '20 (PSYC). Internship: Maryland Coalition Against Sexual Assault (MCASA), Legislative Policy Intern
- YANA KRAMARENK ‘18 (CCJS), Internship: Office of Police Complaints, Investigative Intern
- ARIEL GOLIGHTLY '20 (GEOG). Internship: Maryland-Capital Park and Planning Commission, GIS Intern
- ASAD SOHAIL ZIA ‘18 (ECON), Internship: U.S. Department of Treasury, Intern
- BAILEY DINMAN '19 (GVPT). Internship: Amnesty International USA, Member Leadership and Training Intern
- OREOLUWA “COMFORT” ALUKO ‘19 (PSYC). Internship: Department of Defense Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Office, Research Fellow
- PATRICK (PJ) SAMUELL '20 (ECON). Internship: Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, U.S. House of Representatives, Clerk Intern
- ASHLEY J VASQUEZ '18 (SOCY). Internship: Kohl’s E-Fulfillment Center, Operations Supervisor
- COLLEEN PATTON ‘19 (PSYC). Internship: Army Research Laboratory, Research Assistant
- JOY LONDON '21 (GVPT). Internship: Trident DMG, Intern
- CARLI FINE '20 (PSYC). Internship: Center for Autism Research (CAR) at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP), Volunteer Clinical Research Assistant/Student Trainee
- ZHENG YANG '19 (CCJS). Internship: Department of Homeland Security, Homeland Security Investigations (HSI)
- TAYLOR HENDERSON ‘18 (GVPT with minors in Global Terrorism and Cybersecurity). Internship: Department of Justice, Criminal Division, Program Support Trainee
- JASON SUTTERLEY '18 (ECON). Internship: Department of Commerce, Bureau of Economic Analysis, Financial Management Intern- New Foreign Investment Section.
- CARLI FINE ‘20 (PSYC). Internship: Center for Autism Research at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Volunteer Clinical Research Assistant
- AMY PETROCELLI '21 (GVPT). Internship: United States Navy History and Heritage Command (NHHC), Research Intern
- SHRADDHA GOPAKUMAR '19 (SOCY). Kennedy Krieger Institute - Center for Diversity/Specialized Transition Program, Clinical Intern
- KEN HARRY '19 (ECON), Johnson & Johnson, Intern.