Virtual Resume Review
Gain tips for crafting a skills based resume. Submit your resume electronically to be reviewed by the University Career Center @ BSOS staff. You will receive tips and wording suggestions within three business days (depending on demand).
* Only for College of Behavioral and Social Sciences Undergraduate Majors.
Schedule a Career Center Appointment
Phone and virtual appointments are available. Appointments are scheduled through the University Career Center's Careers4Terps. Follow the directions below to schedule an appointment.
Directions for students to make appointment on C4T:
- Login to Careers4Terps using your UM Directory ID (you may be asked to answer some questions if this is the first time you have logged in). Once you have answered the questions, click the home button.
- Schedule an appointment by clicking on the "Counseling & Calendar" tab on the left side navigation bar. Then click "Counseling Appointment."
- Click the “Check availability” button to view all availability, or select my name to view my schedule.
- Once you identify a time and date that works with your schedule, select your primary reason for the appointment, topics to be discussed, and add any additional notes that you would like.
- Click “Submit request” to reserve the time.
- The appointment will be displayed under your “Approved Appointments” on your Calendar in Careers4Terps.
If you have an issue scheduling an appointment through C4T, please contact the University Career Center at 301-314-7225, for assistance.
HAVE A QUESTION? Don't wait to schedule an appointment. Email your career/internship related questions to BsosCareers [at] umd [dot] edu.
Virtual Meetings: Industry Professionals
Terrapins Connect features UMD alumni working in a variety of fields who have volunteered to review resumes and share information about their career fields. The conversations can occur over the phone, video chat or through email. Here are some sample questions that can be asked.
Office Hours: UMD's Peace Corps Campus Recruiter
Sign up to speak with UMD's Peace Corps Recruiter to receive assistance with the application process, practice for interviews, work through specific questions and more.