LinkedIn Tools & Resources
Make the most of the largest professional social networking platform, LinkedIn, by engaging with the resources and tips linked below.
- Review examples of UMD’s graduates career options with LinkedIn's Career Insights tool, located on the University of Maryland College Park's Page on LinkedIn.
- Explore organizations: The World’s 100 Most In Demand Employers
- Review salary ranges for your job title of interest
- Starting a profile tips and LinkedIn profile checklist
- Use a professional photo and enhance it with these tips
- Tips for Building the Perfect LinkedIn Profile
- Building your brand
- Customize your profile's URL
- Add background to your LinkedIn photo
- Profile is complete? Now what!
Network & Connect
- 4 Steps to Joining the Professional Conversation on LinkedIn
- Write a LinkedIn Message, tips to consider
- Join Groups: University of Maryland College of Behavioral and Social Sciences or Sample of UMD based groups (over 80!)
- UMD LinkedIn Page, review the career insights tool to review the career path of 242,824+ alumni
- Follow organizations of interest
- Connections lead to opportunities, wording suggestions for your messages
- Tips for who to connect with
- Informational interview tips