LinkedIn Learning Video Collections: Curated for BSOS Majors
Got 20 minutes? Click one of the topics below to watch a series of videos:
- Create Your Brand
- Tips for applying for Internship/Job Openings?
- Create an Internship/Job Search Plan
UMD students, faculty, and staff have free access to Linkedin Learning, an online learning service that can help professionals learn software, design, and business skills to achieve their personal and professional goals. Log in screen shots.
Students: Linkedin Learning must be accessed using your UMD credentials to be free. You will be asked to share your LinkedIn profile, but it is not required for access.
Watch the videos listed below (sample list).
Developing application materials
- Writing a resume
- Creating a professional portfolios (brand your skills, showcase your projects)
- Creating a cover letter
- Interviewing (making a first impression, handling difficult questions, addressing illegal questions)
- Negotiating your salary (researching salary ranges, highlighting skills)
- Personal branding on social media
- Learning LinkedIn
Job/internship search tips
- Job hunting for college grads
- Turning an internship into a job
- Informational interviews (how to do them)
- Working with recruiters
- Job hunting with LinkedIn
Add a new skill by watching videos about...
- Big Data
- Business Skills
- Data Analytics
- Data Science Tools
- Excel 2019
- Photoshop & Lightroom
- Social Media Marketing
- R for Data Science
- Web Design
- PLUS MANY MORE