- How an internship can shape your career, Vault
- Converting Interns, Co-ops Into Full-Time Hires on the Rise:The conversion rates have climbed more than 10 percent for both Class of 2018 interns and co-ops. NACE
- Job Offers for Class of 2019 Grads Impacted by Internship Experience: The job offer rate for the Class of 2019 was strongly tied to internship experience and the pay status of those internships. NACE
- Internship Hiring Projections Show Gains: This year’s hiring outlook for interns and co-ops is expected to continue the trend of positive movement seen over the past three years.
Quick links for Search Strategies:
- What is an internship? | Timetable & checklist | Academic credit
- Tips for getting started and links to opportunities
- UCC guide for locating an internship
- Aggregate search engines yield many options: Indeed.com, Linkup, Google Jobs, or Simplyhired
- Openings for UMD students
Spotlight: Review past internship sites
If you are a BSOS student with financial need that is preventing you from taking advantage of an experiential learning opportunity, apply for BSOS Undergraduate Experience Funds. Note that BSOS accepts applications for these funds on a biannual basis. During the Fall semester for Winter & Spring learning experiences and during the Spring semester for Summer & Fall experiences. The application for Winter/Spring 2020 experiences will open October 21, 2019.
- Options by major
- Research Centers in BSOS
- All Research Centers & Institutes at UMD
- Undergraduate Research Events
- Research funding options for BSOS students
- Paid Research Fellowships with the Ed Snider Center (open to all majors): Students of any background are welcome to apply to SURE. Completion of the fellowship with result in a $500 stipend as well as course credit. We encourage topics that relate to the investigation of markets and enterprise. Applications close October 19. Visit ter.ps/smithsure for more info!