Many BSOS students pursue graduate or professional school upon completing their bachelor degree at UMD. This section provides quick links to assist students in exploring which educational path will lead to their career of interest.
- Top Ten Tips for Applying to Graduate School
- GRE test prep tips
- Graduate School Application Timeline
- Planning tips for BSOS students
- What is involved in an appliction? Read about all of the parts and how to stand out
- Financing your education and other ways to watch your bottom line
- ResearchGate, connect with researchers and explore your interests
- FIND THE RIGHT PROGRAM IN INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS AND PUBLIC POLICY, APSIA Online Graduate School Fair, July 25, 2018 (10 a.m.- 12 p.m.)
- Idealist Grad Fairs (www.idealist.org/info/GradFairs) connect individuals with graduate schools in fields such as public administration, international affairs, education, public policy, public interest law, social work, nonprofit management, etc. (Free events)
- Summer Research Opportunities Program (SROP) is a gateway to graduate education at Big Ten Academic Alliance universities
- Fellowship opportunities, ProFellow- login required
- Career options with an advanced degree in international affairs, APSIA
- Pre-Law Professions Advising Office: serves all current and former students at the University of Maryland interested in law school and legal careers.
- Reed-Yorke Health Professionals Advising Office: is available to advise students on health related graduate school admission.
- University Career Center: meets with students individually to discuss strategies for choosing, applying to, and evaluating graduate school offers.