Many BSOS students pursue graduate or professional school upon completing their bachelor degree at UMD. This section provides quick links to assist students in exploring which educational path will lead to their career of interest. Start by talking to UMD faculty in your area of interest and review the typical educational path that professionals working in your field of interest took to decide on an area of study and degree to pursue.
- Tips from an expert, Donald Asher: on funding, applying, what if I don't get in tips, etc.
- Top Ten Tips for Applying to Graduate School- Written by a successful graduate student- Kristen Frese, Career Advisor for University Career Center @ BSOS!
- Graduate school planning tips for BSOS students
- What is involved in an appliction? Read about all of the parts and how to stand out.
- Financing your education and other ways to watch your bottom line.
- NIH Graduate and Professional School Fair, Tuesday, July 18, 2017 from 8:45 am to 3:30 pm on the Bethesda campus of the NIH. Open to all current college students interested in exploring educational programs leading to the PhD, MD, DDS, MD/PhD.
- Idealist Grad Fairs (www.idealist.org/info/GradFairs) connect individuals with graduate schools in fields such as public administration, international affairs, education, public policy, public interest law, social work, nonprofit management, etc. (Free event)
- Career options with an advanced degree in international affairs, APSIA
- Online Graduate School Fair by APSIA, July 18 (register)
- The Pre-Law Professions Advising Office serves all current and former students at the University of Maryland interested in law school and legal careers.
- The Reed-Yorke Health Professionals Advising Office is available to advise students on health related graduate school admission.
- The University Career Center meets with students individually to discuss strategies for choosing, applying to, and evaluating graduate school offers.