Many BSOS students pursue graduate or professional school upon completing their bachelor degree at UMD. This section provides quick links to assist students in exploring which educational path will lead to their career of interest. Are you considering pursuing a fellowship before graduate school? Check out these programs.
- Top Ten Tips for Applying to Graduate School
- GRE test prep tips
- Graduate school application timeline
- Planning tips for BSOS students
- What is involved in an application? Read about all of the parts and how to stand out
- Financing your education and other ways to watch your bottom line
- ResearchGate, connect with researchers and explore your interests
- 5 Tips for Getting a Stellar Letter of Recommendation, Vault article.
- 5 Steps to Researching the Best Graduate Programs for Your Career Goals, ProFellow
- Review program options at Peterson's
- Factors to consider before applying
Graduate School Related Events
- UMD Health Professions Graduate School Recruitment Fair, Thursday, April 2 • 4 - 7 pm | Stamp Student Union - Grand Ballroom | Are you interested in a Health Profession? Do you want to be a Doctor, Dentist, Pharmacist, Physician Assistant, Physical Therapist, or Nurse? If you answered yes, plan to attend the 2020 Health Professions Graduate School Recruitment Fair to meet representatives from Medical, Dental, Allied Health, & Post-Bacc programs.
- Idealist Grad Fairs (www.idealist.org/info/GradFairs) connect individuals with graduate schools in fields such as public administration, international affairs, education, public policy, public interest law, social work, nonprofit management, etc. (Free events)
- Fellowship opportunities, ProFellow- login required
- Career options with an advanced degree in international affairs, APSIA
- Pre-Law Professions Advising Office: serves all current and former students at the University of Maryland interested in law school and legal careers.
- Reed-Yorke Health Professionals Advising Office: is available to advise students on health related graduate school admission.
- University Career Center: meets with students individually to discuss strategies for choosing, applying to, and evaluating graduate school offers.
- UMD Maryland Center for Undergraduate Research: can help students find mentors, enabling them to develop meaningful professional relationships in their field of interest. Students can use MCUR to find research opportunities that best match their skills.