COVID-19 Hiring Updates:
Which agencies are bringing employees back? Check out this list.
Open jobs: The Federal Government is hiring across a wide range of career fields to help respond to the COVID-19 national emergency. These mission-critical jobs will have a direct impact on the American people and the government's response to COVID-19.
Federal Agencies have new authorities to hire emergency staff and bring on all new workers virtually. Look who is hiring.
New positions are still being posted on USAJOBS. Federal human resources specialists and managers are still working. Here are some titles being advertised: Loan Specialist, Disaster Recovery Specialist, Paralegal Specialist, and Attorney Advisor. The government needs employees to implement services by: VA, FDA, CDC, FEMA, HHS, CMS, SSA, USACE and other agency missions to support the pandemic responses and emergency pandemic funding.
- Review the application process and the most urgent hiring needs
- Building a Resume in USAJobs
- What should I include on my federal resume?
- Federal resume example
- 2020 Federal Pay Table | Understanding the GS Scale (experience & education level determines pay)
- Background Checks and Security Clearances, terms defined
- 5 Tips to Prepare for a US Government Security Clearance while in school, by APSIA
- UMD Tips: Internship Searching in the Federal Government
- Locate positions on USAJOBS.gov. Save time by creating a "saved search" that will email you updates. Use the Occupational Series number to locate positions.
- Internships, USAJOBS.gov
- Locate Hidden Jobs: Tips
- Maryland internship/job positions
- Review the agency's website for career path profiles and open positions
Research Agencies & Position Types
UMD students: log into your free Vault account. located in Careers4Terps, to review the resources below. Get the insider’s scoop on applying to federal and state positions and research other organizations.
- Programs/services for military veterans
- Resources for a state & local government
- Partnership for Public Services offers insights in top employers and areas to target
- Finding and Applying for positions using USAJobs, USAJOBS.gov
- Federal internships- where do I find them?, USAJobs.gov
- Special Federal Hiring Authority for Individuals with Disabilities, USAJobs.gov | Selective Placement Program Coordinator (SPPC) Directory
- Resume Writing Tips, USAJobs.gov