- Review the application process and the most urgent hiring needs
- Building a Resume in USAJobs (most agencies prefer applicants to "build" a resume in USAJobs)
- What should I include on my federal resume?
- Federal resume example
- Understanding the GS Scale (experience & education level determines pay)
- 2019 Federal Pay Table
- Background Checks and Security Clearances
- Locate positions on USAJOBS.gov. Save time by creating a "saved search" that will email you updates. Use the Occupational Series number to locate positions.
- Internships, USAJOBS.gov
- Locate Hidden Jobs: Tips
- Maryland internship/job positions
- Listing of positions, University Career Center
- Review the agency's website for career path profiles and open positions
UMD students: log into your free Vault account to review the resources below. Get the insider’s scoop on applying to federal and state positions and research other organizations. Click the book below and you will be prompted to log in before being re-directed to the correct page.
- Finding and Applying for positions using USAJobs, USAJOBS.gov
- Federal internships- where do I find them?, USAJobs.gov
- Special Federal Hiring Authority for Individuals with Disabilities, USAJobs.gov
- Resume Writing Tips, USAJobs.gov