- Review the application process and the most urgent hiring needs
- Building a Resume in USAJobs (most agencies prefer applicants to "build" a resume in USAJobs)
- What should I include on my federal resume?
- Federal resume example
- Understanding the GS Scale (experience & education level determines pay)
- 2019 Federal Pay Table
- Background Checks and Security Clearances
- Locate positions on USAJOBS.gov. Save time by creating a "saved search" that will email you updates. Use the Occupational Series number to locate positions.
- Internships, USAJOBS.gov
- Locate Hidden Jobs: Tips
- Maryland internship/job positions
- Listing of positions, University Career Center
- Review the agency's website for career path profiles and open positions
UMD students: log into your free Vault account. located in Careers4Terps, to review the resources below. Get the insider’s scoop on applying to federal and state positions and research other organizations.
- Finding and Applying for positions using USAJobs, USAJOBS.gov
- Federal internships- where do I find them?, USAJobs.gov
- Special Federal Hiring Authority for Individuals with Disabilities, USAJobs.gov
- Resume Writing Tips, USAJobs.gov