In addition to directly supporting students, the University Career Center @ BSOS collaborates with BSOS faculty and staff to develop career ready graduates. Contact Crystal Sehlke, Program Director, by email (csehlke [at] umd [dot] edu) or phone (301.314.7241) to learn more.
Upcoming Events for BSOS Students: Event Calendar (share with your students)
Integrate Career Readiness Activities into the Classroom
Assign a Career Related Activity: A number of BSOS courses already integrate career development activities into their syllabi, often as part of a graded or extra-credit assignment. The University Career Center can assist in this effort by developing customized assignments. Let us know your interests and we’ll work with you to meet the needs of your students. Import assignments into your course space in Canvas by joining the Center’s group on Canvas Commons, an add on to the Canvas/Elms platform.
- Click here to join the group and you will be added within 48 hours.
- Preview assignments before joining the Center's Canvas Common's group.
- Outcomes: impact of integrating career assignments into a 100-level course.
Schedule a Career Related Presentation for your Class: Request a presentation on a career related topic of your choosing to help students see how their in class learning is making them more marketable for post-graduation opportunities.
Promote Services for Students with Disabilities: Do you have two minutes at the beginning of your class to share? The University Career Center would like to educate students about career prep services for students with disabilities. To schedule a visit or discuss further, please contact Nancy Forsythe, Faculty Specialist/Employment of Students with Disabilities, nforsyt2 [at] umd [dot] edu.
- BSOS Graduation Survey Report 2018 | UMD Graduation Survey Report 2018, Bachelor's Level Graduates
- Providing Reference Letters- NACE tips
- Overview of market trends
- UMD is producing Career Ready students! Learn how you can help
- JOB OUTLOOK: Recruiting for the class of 2019 looks promising!
- Refer employers and alumni with positions to share with students via Careers4Terps
Stay Informed of Center Events
- Sign up for a bi-weekly eNewsletter of Career Events to share with BSOS students be emailing Crystal Sehlke, csehlke [at] umd [dot] edu.
- Join our LinkedIn group, University of Maryland College of Behavioral and Social Sciences