In addition to directly supporting students, the University Career Center @ BSOS collaborates with BSOS faculty and staff to develop career ready graduates. Contact Crystal Sehlke, Program Director, by email (csehlke [at] umd [dot] edu) or phone (301.314.7241) to learn more.
Upcoming Events for BSOS Students: Event Calendar (share with your students)
Add a Career Related Assignment
The University Career Center can assist in this effort by developing customized assignments. Let us know your interests and we’ll work with you to meet the needs of your students. Import assignments into your course space in Canvas by joining the Center’s group on Canvas Commons, an add on to the Canvas/Elms platform. Additional ideas for connecting in class learning to real world applications. Outcomes: impact of integrating career assignments into a 100-level course.
Request a Career Presentation
The University Career Career staff can lead a short presentation on almost any career related topic of your choosing. We focus on helping students see how their in class learning is making them more marketable for post-graduation opportunities.
Create a Reflection Assignment
Use the UMD Portfolio, a campus-wide eportfolio initiative, that gives students the opportunity to highlight skills, experiences, and learning through a set of curated works in an online platform, Portfolium.
- UMD Graduation Survey Report 2019, Bachelor's Level Graduates
- Providing Reference Letters- NACE tips
- Overview of market trends
- UMD is producing Career Ready students! Learn how you can help
- The Top Attributes Employers Want to See on Resumes, NACE Research
- Refer employers and alumni with positions to share with students via Careers4Terps
Stay Informed of Center Events
- Sign up for a bi-weekly eNewsletter of Career Events to share with BSOS students by emailing Crystal Sehlke, csehlke [at] umd [dot] edu. Sample: May 2020
- Join our LinkedIn group, University of Maryland College of Behavioral and Social Sciences