Although majors are not directly related to career paths, students develop skills within each major that can be used in a variety of fields. The major specific documents below contain resources and information that students can use to explore career paths.
BSOS majors, start exploring careers in...
Criminology & Criminal Justice Hearing and Speech Sciences Sociology
Philosophy, Politics and Economics undergraduate major: Popular sectors include Finance, Consulting, Public Policy, Technology and Education.
Explore a New Career Field: Top Career Interests for BSOS Majors
- Environmental science, career paths
- Starting a business, check out these tips
- Banking, Investments, & Financial Services: Career options
- Diplomacy, career paths and tips
- Political internship & job tips
- Pursuing a career of international service: Options for Underrepresented Students
- Fellowships in international development and foreign affairs | Charles Rangel International Affairs Summer Enrichment Program
- Legal Services: Explore career paths for BSOS majors
- Social Work: Career Paths | Career Guide
- Human Rights, career resources
- Social justice, career paths and alumni to contact
- 5 Skills That Will Be In Demand in a Post-Pandemic World
- “Must Have” Career Readiness Competencies, according to employers - NACE Finding
- Explore additional areas of study or pick up more skills with these minors
- UMD Career related course: Receive credit for your professional development
- Do you need additional credentials? Workcred defines the options. Review OOH, below, for industry specific requirements
Explore career titles and industry guides:
- Occupational Outlook Handbook (OOH), read about skills required by your area of interest
- O*NET Online, read about career titles
- Find the tool you need to research career information, training, or jobs, by CareerOneStop
- Vault, career insider guides
- University Career Center's guides: Industries 101
View more career resources on the University Career Center & The President's Promise's website.