Connect with Alumni
Terrapins Connect, is a new platform that allows students’ virtual access to UMD alumni who have volunteered to conduct industry specific resume reviews, mock interviews, and to share the scoop on how they broke into their field.
- Step by step guide for logging on to Terrapins Connect.
- Sample questions to ask alumni: informational interviews.
Connect with alumni
- Events- review a list of on campus programs and virtual events to connect with alumni and employers.
- Join the University of Maryland College of Behavioral and Social Sciences LinkedIn group.
- LinkedIn’s find alumni tool allows users to research where UMD alumni are working and locate alumni.
- Many employers who attend UMD career fairs and networking events are Terps themselves! Look for their UMD lapel pins.
- Career Shuttle- take a ride with a small group of students to visit an organization for half a day. Many times the organizations will encourage their UMD employees to share their experiences.
- Intern for a Day- connects undergraduate students with alumni, parents, employers and community partners for one day internship/shadowing experiences.
- Attend BSOS’s speaker events and your academic departments programs to meet alumni and learn about new career options. Sign up to receive email updates from their Blog.
- Featured BSOS Alumni: Career Advice- review advice from alumni and learn from their experiences. UMD alumni accomplish amazing things!