Connect with Alumni
- Step by step guide for logging on to Terrapins Connect
Connect with alumni
- ON CAMPUS EVENTS
- Stay informed and connect with University of Maryland College of Behavioral and Social Sciences through the over 80 UMD related LinkedIn groups (located on the right under “Featured groups").
- LinkedIn’s find alumni tool allows users to research where UMD alumni are working and locate alumni.
- Many BSOS majors have LinkedIn groups and Facebook pages where you can locate and interact with alumni (check with your department).
- Many employers who attend UMD career fairs and networking events are Terps themselves! Look for their UMD lapel pins.
- Alumni are featured, as well as sometimes post openings, on the BSOS Blogs.
- Career Shuttle- take a ride with a small group of students to visit an organization for half a day. Many times the organizations will encourage their UMD employees to share their experiences.
- Intern for a Day- connects undergraduate students with alumni, parents, employers and community partners for one day internship/shadowing experiences.
- Attend BSOS’s speaker events and your academic departments programs to meet alumni and learn about new career options. Sign up to receive email updates from their Blog.
Now that you know where to find alumni, request informational interviews (and networking tips) to learn about recruiting trends, entry-level points, and special perks about the field. Not sure what to ask? Check out these sample questions.
** View BSOS alumni profiles to gain ideas on how to prepare for your post-graduation success!