Connect with Alumni
The UMD Alumni Advisor Network connects students with UMD alumni to conduct industry specific resume reviews, mock interviews, and to share the scoop on how they broke into their field.
Other ways to connect to alumni
- Stay informed and connect with BSOS alumni through the over 80 UMD related LinkedIn groups (located on the right under “Featured groups").
- LinkedIn’s find alumni tool allows users to research where UMD alumni are working and locate alumni.
- Watch UMD alumni present information about their careers with Candid Career videos.
- Many BSOS majors have LinkedIn groups and Facebook pages where you can locate and interact with alumni (check with your department).
- Attend University Career Center events to talk with employers and alumni in a variety of fields.
- Many employers who attend UMD career fairs and networking events are Terps themselves and can be an excellent source of information.
- Alumni are featured, as well as sometimes post openings, on the BSOS Blogs.
Why should I care about connecting with alumni?
- To gain career information and advice about fields of interest or a particular organization.
- To learn how their organizations prefer to fill positions (NOT to ask for a job) and implement that strategy.
- Learn about the new trends in the field, after all these are people who are doing the things you want to do!
- Gain industry specific feedback on your application materials and the skills required.