Employers review resumes very quickly, so make sure the skills/qualities they are seeking are easy to locate! That means no two resumes will look alike. That being said, if you hate fighting with bullet alignment, use this Example Resume Template to start your draft.
- Economics- Displays coursework, honors and related experiences.
- Amy HESP- An example of on-campus involvement and part-time jobs.
- Criminology- Highlights related work experience and skills in law enforcement.
- Federal Resume- If you will be applying to federal positions, review this resume format.
- Geography- Displays a study abroad and technical skills related to GIS.
- Anthropology- Uses a different format and highlights a research experience.
- Sociology- Example includes a research project, related experience, community service and professional skills.
- Psychology- Highlights lab experience, counseling experience and activities.
- Government & Politics- Uses customized headers to highlight industry specific examples.
- More examples, Offered by the University Career Center & The President's Promise
- Resume basics, Beginners start here
- Resume Checklist, Review each section to ensure your resume is ready
- The 10-minute resume cheat sheet, Vault.com
- Sample bullets by experience (e.g. server, RA, coach)
- Articulating experiences on resumes
- Federal resume tips
- Best resume fonts, Vault
- Creating a video resume, Fast Company
Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Do I need a CV or a resume?
- Example CV
- Template for CV- Download to use as a starting point
- Template for CV (research experience)- Download to use as a starting point
Skill Based Resume Tips
- Add the right skills on a resume
- Skills- review a list of action verbs to start brainstorming
- Add transferable skills to your resume
- Power words to include on your resume
- Identify your skills with this skills/competency self-inventory
- How To: Resume Introduction
- How To: Format Your Resume
- How To: Improve Your Resume's Content
- How To: Tailor Your Resume for a Specific Position
Digital Resume/ATS Application Tips
- The Best Fonts to Make Your Resume ATS and Recruiter-Friendly
- Pros and Cons of PDF Resumes in Job-Search
- Tips for Beating the Resume Bots: "75 percent of job applications are rejected before a recruiter or hiring manager even sees them."
- Use Jobscan to optimize your resume and boost your interview chances.