Start planning your next steps.
- Identify your career interest(s) or develop a plan for exploring options.
- Choose 2-3 search strategies to implement and reserve time in your schedule to devote to each. Schedule a career consultation appointment with the University Career Center @ BSOS to assist in your planning.
- Careers4Terps: Update your profile and create a “Saved Search” to receive weekly emails with job opportunities in your field of interest.Participate in on-campus recruiting through Careers4Terps.
- Network with employers at information sessions, career shuttles, and fairs and stay in touch with connections you made last year.
- Analyze your skills and the skills required by your field of interest to identify any gaps. Then explore opportunities that would enable you to gain those missing skills. Consider applying for a gap year type of experience or a one to two year fellowship.
- Continue to research organizations of interest and interact with your target organizations prior to a position being posted.
- Plan for your financial future with these tips.
- Develop a timeline and stick to it! Graduate School Timeline.
- Take graduate tests if needed (GMAT, GRE, LSAT, MCAT) over the summer or during the early fall semester.
- Research programs of interest, review their application process, and visit the campus (if possible).
- Ask faculty and employers to write recommendations.
- Request a review of your personal statement by the Writing Center or the University Career Center @ BSOS.
- Submit your applications several weeks ahead of the deadlines.