Employers/Alumni Register today
Date: September 29, 2020
Time: 4-6 p.m.
Location: Virtual, NACE Symplicity platform
Employers and UMD alumni working in the fields of applied economic research, consulting, policy analysis, and financial services/wealth management are welcome to participate in the Applied Economics Career & Networking Fair. This event offers an excellent opportunity to interact with talented students in a more relaxed setting. If your organization is recruiting, contacts made at this event could lead to new hires! However, even if positions are not currently available, we hope you will attend and share career advice, identify skills students should be cultivating while in college, and answer questions about the work you do.
Student Participant Profile: Students of economics understand incentives and markets, think logically and systematically, and can use quantitative analysis to inform decision-making. As a result, they make great employees in many different fields, from health care to financial services to governmental agencies, just to name a few.
Fair Registration Packages:
We are offering reduced pricing for this virtual event format. For-Profit/Corporate/Non-Profit/Government - $50.00
Package includes: The virtual fair will take place using our Careers4Terps platform. The virtual capabilities will allow employers to use their own preferred video conference platforms (WebEx, BlueJeans, Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Google Meet, etc.) to engage with candidates in two ways:
- Group Virtual Video Session(s): Employers can host an open session for candidates to to interact with multiple candidates simultaneously. This option is a great way to host mini company overview sessions and invite general Q&A.
- 1-on-1 Virtual Video Chats: Employers can have an unlimited number of representatives on hand to interact with interested candidates one-on-one for a designated period of time.
Prior to completing the registration form, we highly recommend that you do the following:
- Preview the Employer Registration Form (This will help prepare you with all the information you will need to complete the registration appropriately.)
- Review the Employer Registration Training Video (10 minute tutorial to help provide an overview of the registration process)
- Review the Employer FAQ document, to ensure you are fully prepared to complete the registration form
Employers will have access to update their registration forms with additional details prior to the fair. Thus, any information one is not prepared to include initially can be updated at a later date. The University Career Center will provide additional instructions, guidance and tips on how to make the most of the virtual fair once you confirm your participation.
- Registration deadline: September 21, 2020
- Payment & Cancellation deadlines: September 25, 2020
Contact Names, Questions?
- Fair Logistics: Kenyatta Malloy- University Career Center, kmalloy1 [at] umd [dot] edu
- Payment Information: Michael Martucci- University Career Center, mmartucc [at] umd [dot] edu or 301.314.7238
Any employers who cancel after this deadline, for any reason, will remain responsible for payment and no refunds will be administered. Failure to cancel in writing by the cancellation deadline will leave the employer responsible for the registration fee, regardless of circumstances.
No Show Policy:
Employers who do not login to participate on the day of the fair will remain responsible for payment.
Your organization’s invoice will be attached to your fair confirmation email. Payment can be made by check or credit card, however credit card payments are preferred. Send questions to Michael Martucci, mmartucc [at] umd [dot] edu or 301.314.7238.
To pay via credit card:
Visit the University Career Center Event secure processing site listed on your invoice to make payment. * Click Virtual Fair or Networking event under the "event type".
You will need the invoice number and career fair name to complete the payment process. Fill in all required information for payment processing.
Once the credit card payment has been successfully processed you will be e-mailed a statement to that effect. A second email will be sent within the next ten business days reflecting your payment and providing you with a zero balance receipt.
To pay via check, send payment to:
University of Maryland
University Career Center & The President’s Promise
Attn: Michael Martucci
3100 Hornbake Library, South Wing College Park, MD 20742
JOIN US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Excited about attending the fair?! Want to let students know you'll be attending?
- Twitter: Tweet @UMDCareerCenter and add the hashtag #CAREERtheTurtle.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/UMDCareerCenter
- Instagram: Tag @UMDCareerCenter and add the hashtag #CAREERtheTurtle.
We also encourage your organization to use social media to garner interest for your presence at the fair. During the fair add the hashtag #CAREERtheTurtle to your tweets/posts for us to engage throughout the fair.
Students: Interested in attending? Click HERE or more information.
Co-sponsored with the University of Maryland's Department of Economics