Employers/Alumni Register today
Date: September 29, 2020
Time: 6-8 p.m.
Location: Adele H. Stamp Student Union, University of Maryland, College Park, MD
(Click the “As an Employer” button and then click “Proceed to Registration” under “New Participants.” It takes less than three minutes!)
Employers and UMD alumni working in the fields of applied economic research, consulting, policy analysis, and financial services/wealth management are welcome to participate in the Applied Economics Career & Networking Fair. This event offers an excellent opportunity to interact with talented students in a more relaxed setting than the typical career fair.
If your organization is recruiting, contacts made at this event could lead to new hires! However, even if positions are not currently available, we hope you will attend and share career advice, identify skills students should be cultivating while in college, and answer questions about the work you do.
Fair Registration Packages: Organizations may register up to two representatives:
- For-Profit/Corporate - $100
- Non-Profit/Government - $50
- Alumni | Share your career story- Complimentary
*A charge of $25 will be assessed for every additional person above the stated limit.
Each Package includes:
- 3x6 tables and 2 chairs; black tablecloth available
- Light refreshments
- Wireless access
- Standard marketing: Fair booklet, booth signage, and promotion on the website
Student Participant Profile:
Students of economics understand incentives and markets, think logically and systematically, and can use quantitative analysis to inform decision-making. As a result, they make great employees in many different fields, from health care to financial services to governmental agencies, just to name a few.
- 5:15 - 6:00 p.m. | Arrive/park and attend the reception for a quick snack
- 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. | Event officially starts, individual networking/talk with students
- 8:00 p.m. | Fair ends
- Registration deadline (to be included in printed materials): September 20, 2020
- Payment & Cancellation deadlines: September 23, 2020
- Registration Closes: September 23, 2020
Contact Names, Questions?
- Fair Logistics: Crystal Sehlke- University Career Center, csehlke [at] umd [dot] edu or 301.314.7241
- Payment Information: Michael Martucci- University Career Center, mmartucc [at] umd [dot] edu or 301.314.7238
- Parking: Hardeep Chowdhary- Master of Science in Applied Economics Program, hchowdha [at] umd [dot] edu or 301.405 3557
Students: Interested in attending? Click HERE for more information.
Co-sponsored with the University of Maryland's Department of Economics