Undergraduate research is valuable whether or not you plan to be a researcher in the future. If you envision going on to graduate school or if you plan to go into a career where analytical problem solving is valued, then the experience of being part of a research team will be extremely beneficial.
- Undergraduate Research Advice
- Frequently Asked Questions
- BSOS Undergraduate-Graduate Mentoring Program
- BSOS Summer Research Initiative
- BSOS Summer Scholars
- Maryland Summer Scholars (for Undergraduate Research)
- BSOS Undergraduate Research Fund (up to $500)
- Faculty research mentors may have additional discipline-specific suggestions for funding.
Examples of Popular On-Campus Research Opportunities for BSOS Students
- Maryland Student Researchers Spring 2017 click to review research projects led by BSOS faculty!
- Maryland Center for Undergraduate Research
- Undergraduate Research Day
- PULSAR Program in Language Science
- Economics Research Fellowship Program with Kaulkin Ginsburg
- START (Center for Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism)
- Psychology Research Assistantships
- FIRE - First Year Innovation and Research Experience