Irv & Micki Goldstein Scholarship Award
The Irv and Micki Goldstein Scholarship was established in December 2002 by Dr. Irwin Goldstein, former dean of the College of Behavioral and Social Sciences, and his wife Arlene Goldstein. It provides a scholarship award for a rising senior in the College of Behavioral & Social Sciences who consistently achieves academic excellence in their studies. The monetary award for this scholarship is: $1,500 (up to four recipients).
Click here to apply online for the Irv and Micki Goldstein Scholarship.
- Transcript (official or unofficial) – Student’s cumulative GPA from the University of Maryland will be considered
- Resume (1-2 pages)
- Short Bio (250 words or less) – Include year of study, major, other activities relevant to scholarship and professional activities
- Short Answer (250 words or less) – As a student at the University of Maryland, what is your proudest academic accomplishment and why?
- Academic Reference – Name and email of one University of Maryland faculty or staff member who can speak on behalf of your academic performance and candidacy for a scholarship based on the qualifications set forth. (Note: you should request permission to list this person as your reference)
- Statement of Financial Need – Brief personal statement regarding your financial need, if any, and how a scholarship would benefit you. (Note: you do not need to receive financial aid/assistance to qualify for a scholarship)
- Financial Aid Awards Statement – This is only required if you receive any form of financial assistance (other scholarships, loans, grants, etc.). Your statement, if applicable, may be viewed by visiting http://www.testudo.umd.edu/, clicking on "Financials" (in the left menu bar), then "Show me my Financial Aid Status" (green button), then “Print Your Award Information” (under the “Awards” tab in the top menu bar).
To view a list of past scholarship recipients, please click here.