The College of Behavioral and Social Sciences Scholarship Fund
The purpose of this scholarship is to support undergraduate students in the College of Behavioral & Social Sciences who are in good academic standing (GPA 3.0 or greater) and who, without financial support, would be unable to complete their degree. The monetary award for this scholarship is: $1,000 (one to three recipients).
Click here to apply online for the College of Behavioral and Social Sciences Scholarship Fund.
- Transcript (official or unofficial) – Student’s cumulative GPA from the University of Maryland will be considered
- Resume (1-2 pages)
- Short Bio (250 words or less) – Include year of study, major, other activities relevant to scholarship and professional activities
- Short Answer (250 words or less) – How have personal financial challenges impacted your college experience at the University of Maryland?
- Academic Reference – Name and email of one University of Maryland faculty or staff member who can speak on behalf of your academic performance and candidacy for a scholarship based on the qualifications set forth. (Note: you should request permission to list this person as your reference)
- Statement of Financial Need – Brief personal statement regarding your financial need, if any, and how a scholarship would benefit you. (Note: you do not need to receive financial aid/assistance to qualify for a scholarship)
- Financial Aid Awards Statement – This is only required if you receive any form of financial assistance (other scholarships, loans, grants, etc.). Your statement, if applicable, may be viewed by visiting http://www.testudo.umd.edu/, clicking on "Financials" (in the left menu bar), then "Show me my Financial Aid Status" (green button), then “Print Your Award Information” (under the “Awards” tab in the top menu bar).
To view a list of past scholarship recipients, please click here.