BSOS College Scholarships
The college offers several scholarships to its students (see below) and each scholarship has individual eligibility criteria. Scholarship awards are granted one time for the Fall 2017 semester. Applications for Fall 2017 Scholarships will open November 21, 2016. The deadline to submit applications for BSOS College Scholarships is Friday, February 10, 2017 at 5:00 pm.
To learn more about each scholarship, click on the links below:
- Irv & Micki Goldstein Scholarship Award (for Academically Talented Rising Seniors)
- Jean & Robert Steele Scholarship Award (for First Generation Rising Juniors and Seniors)
- Katherine Pedro & Robert S. Beardsley Scholarship Award (for Student Leaders)
- The College of Behavioral and Social Sciences Scholarship Award (for Students with Financial Need)
- The Montgomery Family Endowed Scholarship Award (for Rising Juniors from an Inner City/Rural Community)
- Murray E. Polakoff Scholarship Award (for Rising Sophomores or Juniors Engaged in Community Service)
- Gregory F. Ball Scholarship Award (for Students Interested in Biological Psychology/Neuroscience)
- Have completed at least one semester (Fall 2016 or earlier) at the University of Maryland.
- Be enrolled in a BSOS major or an ENSP track housed within BSOS.
- Submit all application materials by the deadline. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Meet and maintain the original scholarship qualifications; if not met at the time of Fall 2017 funds disbursement, the scholarship will not be awarded.
- Students who have previously been awarded a College of Behavioral and Social Sciences scholarship may not reapply for the scholarship which they were awarded; however, past recipients are welcome to apply for other scholarships, if qualified.
- Students may apply for more than one scholarship; however, they must meet the individual qualifications and submit separate short answer responses for each scholarship.
- Scholarship recipients will be recognized at the college’s Scholarship Dinner on May 3, 2017.
DEADLINE: Friday, February 10, 2017 by 5:00 p.m.
Notification: Scholarship recipients will be notified no later than March 13, 2017. All recipients should plan to attend the college’s scholarship dinner on May 3, 2017 from 6:00-8:00 p.m.
Questions regarding BSOS scholarships or the application process can be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.