You've done your research. Now it's time to start your application. Please make sure you carefully review our requirements for admission. To apply by our priority deadline for the fall 2019 semester, please submit your application by November 1, 2018!
Students who wish to study in the College of Behavioral and Social Sciences at Maryland are encouraged to apply for admission to the University of Maryland by the priority deadline of November 1, 2018. There is no separate application for the majors within the College. When filling out the university application, students may choose any of the majors in BSOS and will be guaranteed a seat. All of the BSOS majors welcome all new freshman admits before and during the first semester. For prospective student inquiries about BSOS, please contact admitbsos [at] umd [dot] edu.
Note that three majors (CCJS, GVPT, and PSYC) in the College are Limited Enrollment Programs with entrance requirements that are more rigorous than admission to the University. If you are interested in one of these majors, our expectation is that you have an outstanding academic record of achievement prior to applying to Maryland. Visit our page for transfer students for additional information.
Applying for Financial Aid?
It's easy to apply for Financial Aid at the University of Maryland! Just follow these 6 simple steps:
1. Apply to the University of Maryland, College Park through the Coalition Application.
2. Complete the FAFSA. The school code for the University of Maryland is 002103.
3. The priority deadline to submit your FAFSA application is January 1, 2019.
4. Live in Maryland? Apply for Maryland State Aid.
5. Review your Student Aid Report (SAR). You will receive this 5 to 7 days after your submit your FAFSA.
6. Beginning March 1, students receive their Financial Aid notification via email.