Vaccine Requirements for Fall 2021
COVID-19 vaccinations will be required for all students, faculty and staff returning to campus this fall semester, as announced by the University System of Maryland Chancellor.
- To meet the requirement, you must receive your second Pfizer or Moderna shot or only Johnson & Johnson shot no later than August 2, 2021.
- Please plan ahead: Depending on the type of vaccine you receive, you may have to receive your first dose no later than July 6 in order to get your second dose by August 2.
- UMD will comply with all federal and state laws in granting appropriate exemptions for medical or religious reasons. You can request a vaccine exemption for medical or religious reasons here.
- Important vaccine information for students arriving from outside the United States is available from the University Health Center.
- Affiliates coming to campus one or more days per week and interacting with UMD students, faculty, or staff are also required to be vaccinated. See guidelines for affiliates.