Education Abroad’s Cost of Study Abroad website includes a tool to help you compare the cost of attending a semester on campus for a particular semester to the cost of participating in a particular program. Click here to learn how to bring your financial aid with you when you study abroad.
There is also an Education Abroad Scholarship page. Remember that scholarship deadlines are generally earlier than program application deadlines. Some of the scholarships open to BSOS students include:
- Gilman Scholarship
- Fund for Education Abroad General Scholarship
- UMD Education Abroad Fund - General Scholarship (scroll down below the table of application deadlines)
- Global Studies Grant for Student Travel and Study Abroad
- Diversity Abroad Scholarship
- Tortuga Backpacks Study Abroad Scholarship
- UMD Education Abroad Fund - Exchange Scholarship (scroll down three paragraphs below table of application deadlines)
- UMD Education Abroad Fund - Maryland Social Entrepreneur Corps Scholarship (scroll down below the Education Abroad USAC Scholarship)
Links to other scholarships may be found on the Education Abroad Scholarship page.