The Katherine Pedro Beardsley and Robert S. Beardsley Scholarship for Outstanding BSOS Student Leaders was established in September 2003 with a gift from Dr. Katherine Pedro Beardsley. In recognition of College of Behavioral & Social Science student leaders, the former Associate Dean, Dr. Katherine P. Beardsley, along with her husband, established a scholarship award that will acknowledge a College of Behavioral & Social Sciences student who shows strength in academics, merit and leadership. The monetary award for this scholarship is: $1,500 (two recipients).
- Transcript (official or unofficial) – Student’s cumulative GPA from the University of Maryland will be considered
- Resume (1-2 pages)
- Short Bio (250 words or less) – Include year of study, major, other activities relevant to scholarship and professional activities
- Short Answer (250 words or less) – How have your leadership skills evolved since starting at the University of Maryland and how have those skills shaped you as a person?
- Academic Reference – Name and email of one University of Maryland faculty or staff member who can speak on behalf of your academic performance and candidacy for a scholarship based on the qualifications set forth. (Note: you should request permission to list this person as your reference, but they will not need to submit a letter.)
- Statement of Financial Need – Brief personal statement regarding your financial need, if any, and how a scholarship would benefit you. (Note: you do not need to receive financial aid/assistance to qualify for a scholarship)
- Financial Aid Awards Statement – This is only required if you receive any form of financial assistance (other scholarships, loans, grants, etc.). Your statement, if applicable, may be viewed by visiting http://www.testudo.umd.edu/, clicking on "Financials" (in the left menu bar), then "Show me my Financial Aid Status" (green button), then “Print Your Award Information” (under the “Awards” tab in the top menu bar).