BSOS Peer Mentors
The Peer Mentor Program is a component of the student services offered by the BSOS Advising Center. The primary role of Peer Mentors is to teach the BSOS Graduation Planning workshops each semester and conduct various presentations in BSOS UNIV100 sections. Through the services they provide to fellow students, Peer Mentors gain leadership,presentation, and public speaking skills. In preparation for their required tasks, all Peer Mentors are expected to attend weekly class sessions and serve for at least two semesters. Students will earn 1 academic credit after successful completion of each semester.
How to apply?
- Click here to access the BSOS Peer Mentor Application
- Fill out the Application
- Print and submit to BSOS Advising Office 2148 Tydings Hall
To be eligible for BSOS Peer Mentors, the following criteria must be met:
- Primary major must be in the College of Behavioral and Social Sciences
- Must be a BSOS major for a minimum of 2 semesters
- Sophomore, junior, or senior standing with intentions to return for Spring 2017
- At least a 2.5 GPA within major
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5+ (Required Submission of Unofficial Transcript)
- Must be in good judicial/academic standing
- Must be available for Peer Mentor class on Thursdays from 10am-11am in Fall 2016.
If you have questions about the application process or would like to know more about the program, please contact:
College of Behavioral & Social Sciences
University of Maryland
2148 Tydings Hall
College Park, MD 20742