Connect with International Students, Scholars & Immigrants without Leaving Campus!
World Language Conversation and Volunteer Opportunities on Campus
- Stamp Staff Language Partnership Program (SSLPP): Want to help the UMD community? Students partner with Stamp Staff twho are learning English to serve as speaking partners and to teach computer literacy. Click here to volunteer through Terps for Change.
- International Coffee Hour: Weekly opportunity for students to meet international students and scholars. 3:00 - 4:30 p.m. Wednesdays during the academic year. Enjoy free drinks and snacks and make new friends!
- Language House Conversation Hour: Weekly coffee and conversations in 15 languages during the academic year. Practice a second (or third) language; reconnect with old friends and make new ones!
- Maryland English Institute Speaking Partner Program: Volunteering as a speaking partner gives you the opportunity to expand your world view, learn about other cultures, and make new friends!
- Humphrey Fellows Speaking Partner Program: Speak with talented professionals from other countries and expand your international network!
Cultural Clubs on Campus
- To view descriptions of the International Student Union and over 60 cultural clubs visit: http://orgsync.umd.edu/browse_student_organizations
- Language House has clubs for those with international interests open to all students, faculty and staff