The Terp DREAM Scholarship Fund is intended to provide scholarships to undergraduate first-generation college students who have completed at least one semester at the University of Maryland. This scholarship will provide support to undergraduate students who also have prevalent financial need. Multiple scholarships will be distributed. The monetary award for these scholarships for the 2021-22 academic year will range between $500 - $1,000.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered:
- Currently enrolled undergraduate student, who will be continuing their studies in 2021-2022.
- Exhibit demonstrated path in completing undergraduate degree.
- Exhibit financial need, as evidenced by submission of Personal Statement of Financial Need.
- Does not qualify for FAFSA
- Does not have permanent residency (green card) or citizenship in the U.S.
- Must be a first-generation college student
The following materials must be submitted to complete your scholarship application:
- Transcript (official or unofficial) – Student’s cumulative GPA from the University of Maryland will be considered
- Short Bio (250 words or less) – Include year of study, major, other activities relevant to scholarship and professional activities
- Short Answer (250 words or less) – Describe your educational and career goals and explain what or who has inspired or helped shape those goals.
- Academic Reference – Name and email of one University of Maryland faculty or staff member who can speak on behalf of your academic performance and candidacy for a scholarship based on the qualifications set forth. (Note: you should request permission to list this person as your reference, but they will not need to submit a letter.)
- Statement of Financial Need – Brief personal statement regarding your financial need, if any, and how a scholarship would benefit you.
Questions regarding this scholarship or the application process should be directed to bsos-scholarships [at] umd [dot] edu.