The Jay G. Cohen Memorial Student Opportunities Endowed Scholarship Fund provides support to undergraduate University of Maryland students who have a strong interest in pursuing a career as an attorney. This fund supports costs related to the preparation and application for law school. Funds may support costs for part (or all) of LSAT preparation course and/pr additional expenses incidental to the law school admissions process (e.g. application fees, transportation for visits, etc.) The monetary award for the 2020-21 academic year is variable, ranging from $250 to $1,250.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered:
- Exhibit exemplary academic standing, as evidenced by a GPA of 3.3 or higher.
- Have completed at least 75 credits at the University (including transfer and Advanced Placement credits)
- Exhibit demonstrated financial need, as evidenced by submission of Personal Statement of Financial Need.
- Intent to pursue law school after graduation
- Preference given to students with junior class standing.
Please complete the application no later than Monday, March 23, 2020. Selection will be announced by Wednesday, April 1, 2020.
Questions regarding this scholarship or the application process should be directed to bsos-scholarships [at] umd [dot] edu and Greg J. Shaffer, Esq., Associate Director, Pre-Law Advising, gshaffer [at] umd [dot] edu.