The Benjamin, Mary, and Maryanne Sharp Endowed Scholarship was established in 2014 by Benjamin C. Sharp M.A. '72, Ph.D. '81 and his wife, Mary. It provides a scholarship award for a student in the College of Behavioral & Social Sciences who is a graduate of a secondary school in Europe, Asia, South America, the Middle East, Africa, or Canada. The monetary award for this scholarship is: $2,000 (one recipient).
Click here to apply online for The Benjamin, Mary, and Maryanne Sharp Endowed Scholarship.
- Transcript (official or unofficial) – Student’s cumulative GPA from the University of Maryland will be considered
- Resume (1-2 pages)
- Short Bio (250 words or less) – Include year of study, major, other activities relevant to scholarship and professional activities
- Short Answer (250 words or less) – As a graduate of an international secondary school, what unique experiences or challenges have you faced as a student at the University of Maryland?
- Academic Reference – Name and email of one University of Maryland faculty or staff member who can speak on behalf of your academic performance and candidacy for a scholarship based on the qualifications set forth. (Note: you should request permission to list this person as your reference, but they will not need to submit a letter.)
- Statement of Financial Need – Brief personal statement regarding your financial need, if any, and how a scholarship would benefit you. (Note: you do not need to receive financial aid/assistance to qualify for a scholarship)
- Financial Aid Awards Statement – This is only required if you receive any form of financial assistance (other scholarships, loans, grants, etc.). Your statement, if applicable, may be viewed by visiting http://www.testudo.umd.edu/, clicking on "Financials" (in the left menu bar), then "Show me my Financial Aid Status" (green button), then “Print Your Award Information” (under the “Awards” tab in the top menu bar).